Anne K. Edwards
Anne Edwards joined the firm as a principal in 2009. For over twenty years Anne has represented financial institutions and servicers with a focus on commercial litigation, bankruptcy, creditors rights and provisional remedies.
She has defended lender liability claims, prosecuted creditors' rights litigation, sought recovery of collateral and instituted both judicial and nonjudicial foreclosures.
She has litigated nondischargeability claims, relief from stay, cash collateral and plan confirmation disputes.
She has extensive experience in the use of prejudgment remedies involving writs of attachments, the appointment of receivers and injunctive relief.
She has also represented landlords, tenants, and homeowners involved in commercial litigation over leases, purchase agreements, construction contracts, mechanic's liens and broker nondisclosure claims, and has been involved in litigation over the removal and subsequent valuation and buyout of partnership interests.
She also has expertise in loan workouts where she has negotiated and documented forbearance agreements, loan modifications, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, and note sale agreements.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Creditors Rights
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Western State University College of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1983
- University of Maryland
- B.A. - 1973
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- Financial Lawyers Conference